It’s Monday and almost every kid in the country is out of school. With that said, it’s time for summer vacation! Maybe it’s a road trip or a flight to somewhere tropical. We have a little of both planned for this summer. It’s going to be a great summer over in our house. With all the traveling we have coming up, I thought, why not share my top 5 must haves to travel with toddlers? These are my must haves for car rides or flights.
- iPad – Loaded with educational games, and movies. Make sure the games you download don’t require wifi if you are driving. We love ABCMouse.com but, it does require wifi. We have several fun games loaded up on our minis as well. Most of them include Strawberry Shortcake games and princess games. We try to limit their screen time but, sometimes this will save us on the last stretch of a long drive or flight.
- Play-doh – I know this sounds like trouble but, it always has worked well for us. I usually pack play-doh and silly putty for options and the girls love it.
- Snacks – Oh yes food is on my list. At 2.5 and 4, my kids are bottomless pits. I swear, I don’t understand how something so small can eat so dang much. I try to carry healthy options, trail mix, fruit, bars, hummus and pretzels, and dried fruit.
- Imagine Ink Coloring Books – I go to Target every time we have a trip coming up and pick up two books; one for the ride out and one for the ride back. Seriously, the best $3 investment ever. They get to color, we aren’t stuck with the mess!
- Busy Bags – I have all different kinds of busy bags. From felt rainbows, to counting and color matching. I have included sites for you to see some innovative busy bag ideas. Here and here.
We travel with all of these items every time. Target dollar bins or Dollar Tree will be your best friends. Gather up a stock pile to pack your little ones back pack for the road. Each of our girls have their very own “pack packs” that they get to load up before our trips. It’s so fun watching them get excited and pick out their toys and their items they want to bring along.