Life as a busy mom can get crazy,(as you all heard me talking about last week). Trying to take care of yourself, make yourself presentable and of course feed your children… It can all be overwhelming to say the least. Today, thanks to L’eggs, I wanted to talk about my 5 tips to stay organized, while being a fashionable, fit and functional mom.
1. Calendars – Lots of Calendars. I utilize my phone, and a good old paper planner. My phone allows me to send events to my husband so, he can see my schedule and know when I need him to be home on certain days. My planner, also has all of my events, my blog schedule, deadlines etc.
2. White Board – I write down grocery items we need, random reminders, notes and anything else I need to remember.
3. Mail & Bill Organizer – I have a two piece, wall mounted, mail organizer hanging in my kitchen. One is for bills to pay and one is to file. This way I can keep track of all of our mail. All of our regular scheduled bills are on a printed Excel sheet. This way I can check them off when they are paid and write down the amount paid and authorization numbers.
4. Laundry Organization – I know this probably sounds random but, it’s worth it to organize laundry. I can’t even tell you how many clothing items I have ruined over the years. All because I was too busy and was throwing things around while kids are screaming or drawing on the walls and I just needed to be finished. Now, I organize our laundry when it comes off. Darks, lights and delicates into separate bags. That way, if I am in a hurry I can just dump the bag in and go. It makes life as a fashionable mom a whole lot easier.
5. Have Fun – My final tip isn’t necessarily about organization but, in order to ward of the mom craze, you MUST have fun. Take a break, enjoy your life, play with your kids, go for a run, twirl and smile a lot. If it doesn’t go the way you planned, have a glass of wine and try again tomorrow.