Hi Lovelies. Happy Hump day. Since we are still in the midst of social distancing and we have been discussing a road trip for our family. I thought it would be a great opportunity to discuss my best tips to road trip with kids. You can see some of my Road Trip Essentials that can help the whole family stay safe and enjoy the drive.
For today I want to talk about the best tips to get you to your destination safely and without a headache.
Best Tips To Road Trip With Kids
- Get your car serviced before you go.
- Carry Fix a Flat and a small tool box. If you get stuck in the middle of nowhere at least you can fix the small stuff and get yourself to a safe place is super important.
- Since you have the space, pack the extras. We have found we never know what we are going to come across on road trips, so having a bathing suit or extra snow gear, is a must. You never know where you are going to want to stop.
- Always have snacks, entertainment and beverages.
- If you have littles bring a long a carry potty. You never know when someone is going to have to go to the bathroom.
- If you are going for a long road trip, I highly recommend planning your stops. I know a ton of people love to fly by the seat of their pants, but when traveling with kids it’s nice to know how far you have to go. The last thing you want is to be stuck with no where to sleep.
- Be flexible. You never know what cool stop you might see along the way. So, be flexible and open to making changes.
- Be prepared. Since your plans can change make sure you have extra time in between stops. Don’t make a stretch of your drive to long that it is unrealistic to complete.
- Keep track of your route. If you will be passing through areas that are open, stop for gas, bathroom breaks and food. Make sure that you are prepared to pass through the long distance drives.
- Have Fun!! The most important part is to always have fun. Don’t take your road trip too seriously. There will be mistakes hiccups, enjoy the ride.