Hi Lovelies. We have been working hard on your home renovations. It has been a long work in progress, but every weekend we get one step closer to finishing. Today, I wanted to share our DIY Brick Fireplace Renovation.
This renovation was a long process that Chase and I traded off on. I am so happy with the final product. It turned out amazing and fits perfectly with all of our renovations in the house. I can’t wait to share the final home renovations with you guys. We are down to the bathrooms and downstairs flooring for the interiors. It will be at least a year before it is all finished, but I will be sharing each project with you all here.
DIY Brick Fireplace Renovation Steps
- Demo brick floor.
- Clean face of bricks with water and towel.
- Clean inside of fireplace with vacuum and wipe down.
- Let everything dry.
- Remove any additional pieces inside fire place. We removed the wood holder and placed fire ring on bottom of fire place and filled with glass.
- Spray paint inside of fireplace with black high heat paint.
- Paint brick with Bright White Masonry Paint.
- Lay tile on base of fireplace with thin set.
- Let it set for 24-48 hours.
- Apply grout with putty knife and sponge.
- Let grout set for 72 hours.
- Seal grout with grout sealer.
- We custom built the wood mantel from ipe wood that we had. You can also buy pre-built faux wood mantels. This can be placed over the top row of bricks.
Shop the Renovation Here:
Shop the Decor Here:
Are you looking for more home inspiration? Check it out HERE.