Hi Lovelies. Today, on TFM I want to share this trail that we found through friends in Fallbrook. We love to find places to adventure to and this trail is a great spot. Santa Margarita River Trail is an easy kid friendly hike. But, I do have a few tips before you go.
Know Before You Go
- Bring a bathing suit and towel. My girls wear there bathing suits under their clothes and just pack underwear to change into when they are done swimming in the creek.
- Pack a lunch. There are a couple open spots along the river to eat lunch.
- There are horses on the trail, so be prepared to come across some.
- It can get crowded. If you are being strict on your social distancing protocols, you may want to bring a mask.
- We did come across ticks. So, be sure to check yourself when you leave. The last thing you want to do is go out for a hike and get lyme disease or some other co-infection ticks carry.
- The rocks can be slippery, so watch your feet. (Watch the video to watch my husband go down, right after he tells the girls to watch themselves).
Santa Margarita River Trail is a such a great trail. We have already made our way out a few times. We found a spot with a ton of tad poles, the girls have enjoyed adventuring in the creek, swimming and hanging out. Some people head out with inner tubes, music and hang out for the day. If you head down to the water, just keep walking the further down the trail you go, the more open spots by the water there are.